Tuesday 7 April 2015

A meeting in 2005 - Poem



Restless eyes
a hug, a greeting
manic pacing abounds
around town
buildings like dresses
tall, voluptuous
I’m flattened by my possessions
food right into a smile
food left uneaten
stomach full of bile
tongue tied
my mind fried
a mine field
Why am I here?
Why are you?
circles in the sky make me
feel small
makes me feel smaller standing next to you.
Only pubs and churches are open
the broken prayer
boys practicing heavenly verse
in time
they chime
when your hands fold into mine
words on the TV more interesting
than the words on my tongue
I hold them in, I try to hold them in
but they are only silenced by your lips
a cloudy head on my stomach
that’s full of knots.
I watch you. I look at you. I stare at you.
Realise you are not you.
You are not the man I knew.
And I am in a stranger’s house.
Your talking of trivia makes my life trivial.

Hungry eyes
a hug, a brush of the hand
a spider’s presence
could not halt the inevitable
of a stairway, of not saying goodnight
of a guestroom
untouched
I wear your body
similar
to a boy
I knew before.
Your kiss too clever to be new
I open a weeping sore
I shiver, moan, cry
there I lie
staining the sheets
a physical reminder
of a pain unexpressed.
Could I have been more wrong?
I thought there was something
I thought I saw
but I’m a bore
in search for more
there’s nothing than what is under
your shoes
I have no clue
we swing on roundabouts and
race on swings
words belong to another time
moments cannot live longer
than now
“You’ll live”
I guess I will
I guess I have
no choice

You can read other poems here: Gracie's poems

Follow me here...
Twitter: Gracie's Twitter Page
Facebook: Gracie's FB page
Google +: Gracie's Google + page
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!