Tuesday 24 May 2016

Leaving Ashley Down - Poem

I sit in front of the television
Staring into space
There’s a man talking about some decision
That he really couldn’t face

Upstairs room is bare, bags are packed
But you are not around
You’ve gone away because you lacked
Patience with the sound
of my voice.

Though you didn’t know I was leaving
You didn’t wait to find out
Can’t cope with senseless grieving
And the silence drove me out.

I walk out the door forever
My face dry and soul bare
Realising we’re not together
Knowing how our relationship fared

Middling to worst?
Or the sublime?
Especially when you became mine.
Memories flood me, tears run dry
And the thought of you...
Looking into my room...
Makes me hope that Time
Will heal
my Heart.
Again.

You can read other poems here: Gracie's poems
Please follow me here... 
 


Facebook: Gracie's FB page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!