Friday 24 June 2016

Looking Within - Poem


The destination keeps changing
but my mind tries to stay the same.
Wherever I am,
whatever I stand for,
is as fluid as the water that makes me.
Makes me into what…?
I don’t know
but I glow
when I know the path is alight
with the right energy.

My mind tries to stop me…
gives me thoughts
that take me away
keeps me dreaming the dream.
I have seen
immortals die and
mortals fly
around my head
no blackness, just red
passions never subside

I try and hide
but they know
where I live
I’m taken away
a false map given
I want to be here now
How to surrender to the truth?
When everything is designed
to lure away
bring me pain

How can I change again?
Can I be trained?
Or chained?
Or can I just refrain?
Nothing is the same in my head
Observe and see
But I can’t agree
To the terms and conditions
of what is Not
I’m stuck

Struck down
by a limbo state
I can’t go back
to who I was before
No interest in outside games
I never understood
My life looks within
I’m shedding my skin
To dissolve the boundary
between outside and within


You can read other poems here: Gracie's poems



Please follow me here...
 

Twitter: Gracie's Twitter Page
Facebook: Gracie's FB page
Google +: Gracie's Google + page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!