Saturday 12 November 2016

Love - Blog Post


In the wake of the revolution that is happening in America, I feel ripples of it amongst my own. So much shock, pain, anger but most of all... fear. We huddled together at work and wondered about the implications of the next four years, and how Trump’s decision making will affect us.

I scrolled through my Facebook feed and saw posts depicting surprise at the result – some people shared their fear using humour, others provided dire predictions, some recalled the rise of Nazi reign in Germany and the startling similarities occurring now in the US. Some of my US friends expressed their pain and what it meant to be waking up to a new world order they didn’t vote for. I couldn’t find any happiness that was shared amongst my companions and colleagues that morning.

I then thought about those who would be overjoyed and happy, about those Americans who thought Trump ruling their country is good idea and marvelled at the strength of their ability to manifest. We all know in reality more Americans voted for Clinton, but that she lost due to the electoral college process, yet, despite that, I know that everyone who got up and voted Trump wants what I want – happiness.

When I see people make a choice to vote, I believe they are operating at the peak of their consciousness and are striving to create what they believe will be a place that represents them and their future generations. Obviously, the disconnect is in the way we go about obtaining these goals. Whether Trump will deliver what they think they have voted for remains to be seen but it led me to think about dependence and inter-dependence and how we are all connected on this earth.

On a global scale we have allowed a culture of Trump and Clinton, and others like them, to be created and condoned. We create our own reality and have allowed a divisive America to rise as a superpower and reign over countries that do not toe its line. Not that there was much of a choice between Clinton or Trump, with regards to an enlightened leader raising global consciousness, but by voting Trump as President, America seems to have allowed an even more divisive, individualised, exclusive power to gain power and reign over them and affect the rest of the world state.

After a while I wondered how I can operate knowing that a man like Trump is most likely going to create further unhappiness, even in his electorate, and the possible dystopian implications of that for the rest of the world. It seems this was a growing thought mushrooming across the world as I saw my Facebook feed start to change. What I saw is an overwhelming need for the individual to take their responsibilities and values seriously, and hold on to them in times of great uncertainty.

My peers, colleagues and friends soon started to heed the call of love. As individuals it became clear that we shall surrender and accept that which we are unable to change but we could continue to work on ourselves and hold on to our values – we shall remain in love, be loving and inclusive. And maybe, just maybe, because of such a leader, the rising tide of consciousness will still find a way to grow.

My passionate lion-maned man, so warrior-esque in his design, is heeding his duty to provide a space for sanctuary. In these unstable times it's almost comforting that he tells me over and over how in this world he must construct a space for people to heal, love and grow so they can create higher versions of themselves, and positively impact on the world around us. He is calling me to be a part of his land, people and mission – he wants me to entwine my power in his so we can demonstrate love in action. I thought about the children we will create and the world we would be passing on to them, and what it will mean to them if I also answer his calling of love. At the moment, in these uncertain times, all I can do right now is surrender, accept and allow love to guide me.

So I shall leave you with my gesture - a bird visiting Bernie Sanders at one of his rallies - watching this and seeing his smile alone is worth it. I hope you all can have a smile that big today and remain in love, whoever you voted or didn't vote for.

Peace. 

You can read other blog posts here: Gracie's blog posts   

Follow me here...Twitter: Gracie's Twitter Page
Facebook: Gracie's FB page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!