Tuesday 18 October 2016

Birth - Blog Post


Normally when I write a blog post I just write about one thing that has happened. I will focus on the incident or feeling, drill it down to see the effect it has had and then look at how I will incorporate it into my life going forward... But this last month and a half has brought such a whirlwind of change and connection into my world that I want to capture it before it becomes my new world order. I guess the next series of blog posts will be focusing on each aspect of the change that has occurred in such a short space of time, so I apologise now for my indulgence!

August was heady with friendship and conversation as I bounced from one lovely person to the next, allowing our words to drift over the river Thames, which then took me across the Channel to my rock in the sea. I bathed in companionship and family and received a text from my sister in law, saying that she was willing her son to arrive so his Zia would be able to meet him. 

Past midnight my phone buzzed, I looked at the screen and saw that my brother texted, 'Her waters have broken!'

Unable to contain my excitement, I peeked inside my mother's room, but I could see sleep had already claimed her for the night so left her in peace. I then peered into my father's room, the dog barked furiously as I entered her domain, so my Dad lifted his head. 
  'Her waters have broken!' I whispered excitedly.
  'He'll come tomorrow,' he said calmly, like a man who has experienced four children of his own, and then he and the dog promptly went back to sleep. 

I sat in the spare room with adrenalin rushing through me as I thought about another being entering this world and the journey he would have with my brother and sister in law that night, and the many nights to come. I marvelled at the miracle of birth and fully felt joy in the knowledge that my family would grow and be abundant. I was excited to meet my nephew and felt such deep gratitude that I had chosen the right day to be there and a part of the experience. 

I also wondered at the transformation of my brother and how I have watched him since birth as a baby, turn into a child and then grow into teenager and a man. I realised that I now had the privilege to watch this gentle and gorgeous man become a father and grow with love, as his world takes on new meanings.

Life brought a new being into this world, ready to start his own journey of love.

I can't wait to see what happens...


You can read other blog posts here: Gracie's blog posts   

Follow me here...
Twitter: Gracie's Twitter Page
Facebook: Gracie's FB page
Google +: Gracie's Google + page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!