Sunday 24 September 2017

Season Change - Blog Post


Autumn surprised me.  Summer felt like a long joyful celebration of life in many ways and I revelled in the openness that summer encourages. Fresh from the wild, I still felt her warmth in my veins – her rhythmic pulsing of zest and extraversion.

I know I saw a few leaves touch the ground and fleetingly thought I needed to prepare myself for season change but I somehow believed I had at least a month left to play, to share in the expansiveness and dream. I didn't want to take notice of the signs.

And then Summer suddenly left, without a long goodbye. Overnight, trees started to dry up and crinkle around the edges. The air hinted at cooler mornings, night started to visit a little earlier. Acorns fell to find new homes in the soil, waiting for the squirrels to collect and store.

Internally, I felt panic. I wasn’t ready for the shed, to let go, and change again. I felt discombobulated by seasonal change and the preparation for fall. I wanted to cling as I still felt summer had so much more to give, I had so much more to learn. Both the Aniwa Gathering and Into the Wild had taught me so much and there was still processing and integration occurring.

Yet the earth has its own timings, its wisdom, and continues to teach this slow student about change.

In university the students were arriving with stories to tell. When I walked in the park on the way to work, I saw leaves that looked like static fireworks. There were families arriving in our home, presenting yielded crops for us to feast. There was the greeting of dusk on my bike ride home. There was the end of another course that had continued my link to my Shamanic birthright, as I finished the medicine wheel in its shorter form.

So many endings and new beginnings.

And now as my calendar begins to fill for the semester ahead, I feel I am now surrendering and embodying autumn. I have started to turn within. I seek silence and the whispers of the leaves as they gently detach and start their new phase of nurturing the soil. As I pile the clothes on to my body, I feel cocooned from the outside and can sense the foundations for future hibernation. I can feel the rise of the feminine arising in the Western hemisphere.

I now need to heed and accept change.

Aho.


You can read other blog posts here: Gracie's blog posts   

Follow me here...

Twitter: Gracie's Twitter Page
Facebook: Gracie's FB page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!