Thursday 26 November 2015

Surface Edge - Poem

Surface Edge

Are my brown eyes too dark?
Do you know what they have to say?
Why is it you think you know
When I choose to look your way?

Always you think you’re right
Always I think I’m through
But we both seem to be undone
By what we think is true

I flood my eyes upon you
I wish you would wash yourself
But you like to choose another truth
Which exist in other realms
Tell me I am not the only one
dancing in this rain
though I am not looking for your shelter
nor your treatment of disdain

But this dam needs rebuilding
there are too many hidden lines
most will be swept by the current
called this inescapable time
that exists in worlds of duality
of which I can’t yet escape
though I’m told its not reality
these bright colours and hard shapes

But what is it you are afraid of?
When you look into the black?
That no light will conquer the surface edge,
that there is no turning back?

You can read other poems here: Gracie's poems

Please follow me here...

Facebook: Gracie's FB page


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!