Saturday 6 February 2016

Keep On Keeping On - Blog Post

My mama told me I am a grown woman now and that I will know…

Know what?

Know when to work at things and when to let go.

I am a believer in making things work – I am a believer in doing everything in my power to make something work. I am not a believer in giving up and moving on; I try to value people, places and things – I try not to throw things away unless they are irreparable.

He walked into my room and he said, ‘Nothing’s changed.’
I said, ‘The room has changed.’
He said, ‘But everything in it is the same.’
I said, ‘Why would I replace anything if they don’t need to be?’

You know I have started to get rid of all these different websites I have subscribed to on my Facebook Feed because they all peddle the same relationship advice – ‘Let go, let go, let go...’

He told me, ‘I think life is one big process of letting go.’

But in my heart I know people don’t let go, they replace. If they let go they would have nothing and become monks and nun, and I can patently see that hasn’t happened. People just keep throwing away and replacing with something, someone or someplace new. And it leaves a lot of sad people and large landfills on our planet.

And I am tired of it.

So many people come into my workplace feeling mentally ill because people let go. Parents, siblings, family, friends, spouses and lovers… have left and let them go. Internally this makes them feel worthless and useless, feeling unable to cope with the loss in their lives, and these people have become very unwell.

I don’t want this for me.

I don’t want to be thrown away, moved on from or ignored. I don’t want to be let go. I want someone to see me – really see me – and think I am of value. I want to be seen as someone worth working with and for; someone that could be around for a long time to share highs and lows in the light and darkness. I don’t want to enter relationships with the thought that one day either one of us could let go. I want to find worth in every encounter and realise we are all mad, crazy, happy, sad, light, dark, big, small, insecure, secure, ill, well, lonely, contented and so much more. The whole spectrum of humanity is within each and every one of us. If we could see that in each other and see the value in each of us, we would appreciate and treat each other so differently.

We wouldn’t let go. We would hold each other in love.

And realise our value.


You can read other blog posts here: Gracie's blog posts 


Follow me here...
Twitter: Gracie's Twitter Page
Facebook: Gracie's FB page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!