Thursday 8 January 2015

All Night Long - Poem



Does my ambivalence show
or is it my own heart that I protect?
From the thorny clutches of a cold hearted rejection.
My heart has grown soft with age
it’s just got a harder crust to crack
calling out...
cradle me...
care for me...
and I’ll caress you all night long

Does my vulnerability show
or am I hiding it with every joke I make?
Under crinkling eyes and a dirty laugh
or every event I undertake in
My heart has ripened with age
it just grows bigger everyday
    seeking out...
    stroke me...
soothe me...
and I’ll sing for you all night long

Does my love for you show
or do I pretend I’m no fool?
I walk away when I should turn around
am shouting when I should play it cool but
my heart has grown wiser with age
it’s just a young heartbeat you can hear
                                            breathing out...
brush me...
bathe me...
and I’ll be yours all night long’




You can read other poems here: Gracie's poems 

Follow me here... 

Twitter: Gracie's Twitter Page
Facebook: Gracie's FB page
Google +: Gracie's Google + page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!