Friday 9 January 2015

An ode to Sub:ject DJs - Poem



Turntables fly
Right into my eyes
Checking the rhythm and beat
Keeping in time
Smoky swivels, electric sighs
Robotic dancing makes me smile
I am torn between talk and step
step behind
time
This band is great
This tune makes me
Shake
Shimmer-Jut-Jump
And I try to take
you by the hand
Spaces fill
Glasses spill
And overflow onto the carpet
Jumping, running, an exercise class
Pouting divas, holding fast
to imagined titles and unexplained rules.
Positive prevails.
Massives form and are torn
away by the script
that flips by a mind that knows
every tone, all the notes
buried by earphones
Shyly speaking into the microphone
A message I hear
commemorates a passing year.
Projectors overhead
a silhouette glancing at the results below
dancers overtaken by dancing
some go
to the bar
the guitar lures and cures
a shyness (‘that is criminally vulgar’(!))
And unknown fears
Sub:ject conjures
a magical weave
Stops time and gives life
The appreciation is deafening 



Check out their music: http://subjectyourself.co.uk/


You can read other poems here: Gracie's poems



Follow me here...
Twitter: Gracie's Twitter Page
Facebook: Gracie's FB page
Google +: Gracie's Google + page 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!