Thursday 8 January 2015

The End - Poem




So now I decide to move on
view another sky
where another moon will cradle me
another mountain high
I’m taking the other route
it does not include your face
One meant only for me
I know not the path or place
My resolve is very strong
I’m taking the demons out
when they fly into my mind
I’ll blast them with no doubt
I may have scars to prove
that battles have taken place
there’s that negativity that filled my mind
and couldn’t be erased
BUT NOW I SEE MY TRUTH
now I see the light
because what the demons slayed
grew rapidly with might
I now stand tall and strong
around human heads attached
no need to cut them off
to play the karmic game of catch
My head is held aloft
my eyes they look afar
and I won’t forget my lessons
when I sit upon my star
Nor will I forget you
and what you brought to me
A momentary quiet I held inside
noise of inevitability
BUT THE DEMONS CAN LEAVE NOW
A ceasefire has been announced
They have one moment to collect their things
Homes in my heart, renounced
Go and find some other girl
who’s head is in the clouds
who knows nothing about agendas
already lost in the crowds
BETTER STILL go back home
to that planet where you are from
YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE
demons, go now, go now, RUN!

You can read other poems here: Gracie's poems

Follow me here...
Facebook: Gracie's FB page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!