Thursday 8 January 2015

Ticket from the Mind - Poem


Big decisions await
this chance of fate
depending on the conditions
mindfulness
and the karma that binds
I'm mine
only
alone
holy
warrior
seeking the stone
so I can pull out the sword
and fulfill who I am.
Demons will be fought
and thoughts will be demons
but the disciplines I have been trained in
will show me the way.
This is training in progress
no pass no fail
no test
for the lesson will be repeated
until its defeated.
I am but a pawn in the grand design
a fleck of dirt on the soil
Yet I shout so that universes can hear
this body I call Leah
struggling for an identity
that doesn't exist
but vainly I persist
what riches I crave
what sensations I save
my aversion shudders as the suffering enslaves.
I'm doomed to a search that never was.
I am at a loss.
Two paths lead the way
and I'm afraid I will be led astray
today
tomorrow
in the happiness
in the sorrow
this duality
I am immersed in
I confront each day
This is no way to live!

I try to escape using wrong means
there is no plane ticket from the mind

what I know isn't what I show
all this wisdom inside of me
what use can it be?
magic dhamma love yoga
all the same to me
branching from one tree
I am humbled by its beauty.
The coarse trunk
and silken leaves
whispering its truth
listen.... can you hear?
There is no such person called Leah
You are me
I am you
Listen to the truth
there is no path
just be
then you will truly
be free.


You can read other poems here: Gracie's poems


Follow me here...
Twitter: Gracie's Twitter Page
Facebook: Gracie's FB page
Google +: Gracie's Google + page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!